Solving The Problem

The opportunity that I have chosen to pursue is tackling some of the parking problems that on campus students experience. Through my interviews I have come to realize that many students on campus spend lots of time searching for open spots because all the parking is full. The solution I have identified to solving the parking problems on campus is creating an app for people to identify whether there are spots available in the lots on campus. The app would show whether lots are full or not and would provide students the opportunity to see historical times of when lots have filled up so that they can make sure to get a spot early. This would require creating an app for students to use to track which lots are filled or not and would require sensors to be installed on the parking lots on campus. I think that by having a tool that allows students to see where there are spots available will make parking on campus much more efficient and easier.

Comments

  1. William,
    I too had the idea of creating an app for my opportunity. One question I have in regards to the app itself is how the app will know when spaces are available or taken. Will users have to record the data onto the app or will it be automated somehow. This question is something I will have to answer for my own app.

    ReplyDelete
  2. William,
    I actually had a pretty similar idea that I used in my project! I decided to create an app to see the availability in university libraries. I think we have the same ideas and thoughts when it comes to why this would be such a great thing for the student body. This would create a less stressful experience for students and would just make driving to campus a lot smoother.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment