Your Entrepreneurship Story

Growing up I had a lot of exposure to entrepreneurship. The main exposure has come from a couple of members of my family that own their own business and work to give back to their community. My Aunt and Uncle own a lakefront landscaping business that I got the opportunity to work at. The company is very small being made up of only 3 people. Working there and seeing what it is like to own your own business has shown me the struggles of having your own company and running it effectively. Balancing the books and making sure to follow every regulation can be very difficult for a small business that doesn’t have a team of lawyers like big companies do. Seeing my Aunt and Uncle grow their business into a success has really shown me how hard work and dedication can lead to a great entrepreneurship success.

The reason I enrolled in ENT 3003 is because I want to understand the leadership qualities that make a great entrepreneur. I honestly don’t know whether I would want to start my own business sometime in the future, but I would at least like to learn the leadership qualities of entrepreneurs so I can take that into the future. I hope to be exposed to both the triumphs and failures of entrepreneurs to understand how to be successful throughout my business career.

Below I have attached a photo of a lake that I sprayed and landscaped while I worked for my Aunt and Uncle.


Comments

  1. William, having a resource such as your family that instilled entrepreneurship at a young age is great. Like you said, even if you don't decide to pursue starting a business you will always be able to apply the skills you learn elsewhere. I enrolled in ENT for the same reasons as yourself as I feel that the skills learned in this class should be able to help me in the workforce or by starting my own company. Thank you for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment