Growing Your Social Capital

Nick
Domain Expert through classes
The person has mutual friends with me and I contacted him through those friends.
Nick was very helpful in explaining the app building landscape for me. He has a lot of technical experience including building apps and other computer programs. Nick explained to me a little bit about the process of building an app and how to keep it secure. There was no return expectation from me. He enjoyed explaining his work and helping me out with a school assignment. Nick is very knowledgeable, and I think I could use his expertise and advice along the way with building this app.

Jan
Market expert through classes
This person is a fraternity brother of mine.
Jan is an advertising major that attends the University of Florida. He explained to me a little bit about the knowledge that he has learned about marketing to millennials in his advertising classes. Jan is a friend of mine so there was no return expectation. Having Jan in my network is great because I am not the greatest at advertising and marketing and he could be a real help with that.

Vinay
Supplier through experience
I know Vinay through some mutual friends.
Vinay was very helpful in explaining a little bit of the business side of technology and apps. He has lots of experience doing technology consulting and shared some pitfalls of technology companies. He was happy to share his experience with me because we have mutual friends and he wanted to help me out with this project. Vinay is great at the big picture side of technology businesses. I think he could help me avoid some common mistakes that he has seen other businesses make. 

I have never really participated in targeted marketing. In the future I think I will use targeted marketing to make sure that I am talking to the right person who can help me out. In the past I just usually tried to talk to many people instead of the ones that have the most knowledge about the problem I have.

Comments

  1. William,
    It seems like you have a very strong team and resources at your disposal. These people will aid you to success. Having a team to support each other and help you along the way will higher the chances of your company succeeding. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. William,
    The research you conducted seems to be something that will greatly benefit your success in this and in other opportunities. I did not consider how many improvements could be made from asking others for help but it seems you, along with me, can now see all it can bring us. Goodluck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. William,
    I am glad you were able to find all three people to get in contact with, this was pretty difficult for me. It looks like that the people you found were very resourceful and had some good feedback for you. I think that expanding our network will only help us out in the future, not only for information on what we need to do, but to possibly get our brand out! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment