Identifying Opportunities in Economic & Regulatory Trends

Opportunity #1: This first regulatory opportunity I found is a need for an increased number of accountants due to the new tax law passed under the Trump administration. This opportunity was found in the news and on the TurboTax website. I believe that the information in the news suggests this opportunity exists because with the change in regulations it is very important to have a large number of accountants to deal with that. I think the most likely customer is every large corporation as well as individuals who need help navigating the new tax law. I think the opportunity is easy to exploit if you have an accounting degree because many people will need help interpreting the new tax law. I saw this opportunity because I have done a lot of recruiting with accounting firms and have experience through the people I’ve talked to there.

Opportunity #2: The second regulatory opportunity I found is the need for an increased number of people skilled in tariff law because of the new tariffs imposed under the Trump administration. This opportunity has been all over the news recently as companies have been struggling on how to respond with the tariffs. I believe that the information suggests this opportunity because with the increase in tariffs more people will be needed to interpret the laws and guide companies through the regulatory market. I think the most likely customer is corporations that have products affected under the tariffs. The opportunity is easy to exploit if you have experience with tariffs and the laws behind them. I saw this opportunity because I’ve watched a lot of news about this and can see the need for more people to help guide businesses affected by the tariffs.

Opportunity #3: The first economic opportunity I found has to do with Cuba. In recent years Cuba has started to modernize many buildings and created an internet system. I think there is more opportunity for foreign investment as the island becomes more open to the outside world. This opportunity has come from my personal experience of travelling to Cuba in March of 2018. While there I saw lots of economic opportunity and change that didn’t exist in the previous decade. I think the customer of this activity is firms specializing in building infrastructure. The opportunity might be difficult to exploit given the current laws governing business with Cuba. I saw this opportunity because there is already a lot of infrastructure improvements happening on Cuba and I think there is opportunity for even more.

Opportunity #4: The second economic opportunity I found is here in Gainesville. With the increase in enrollment and rise in prestige there is a need for more housing for UF students. The source of this information has been my observations in my 3 years of being a student here. I have seen this University grow exponentially since I first came here and the need for more housing has continued to grow. The most likely customer is new students coming to UF. This opportunity might be hard to exploit given that open land around the University is becoming scarcer. I saw this opportunity because I have experienced the struggles of finding good housing close to UF.

Comments

  1. William,
    Similarly, to you I found opportunity in housing / real estate. It is always a solid investment as there is always a need for housing. It is only my first year here in Gainesville yet I too see the need for more housing as our school increases in enrollment over the years. Definitely room for outside investors to capitalize on the growing opportunity. Good work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment