What's Next?

Existing Market

The next market that I think would be good to target is other schools across the state of Florida that have similar parking problems. I think that in order to expand and grow the business there will be a need to expand to other areas and schools in the Florida area the best way to do that. It is local, so it won’t be completely out of my element and there are other campuses in Florida that are bigger and have more parking spaces and areas to look after.

Cade

In talking to Cade, he thought it would be a good idea to expand to other schools in Florida. His only piece of advice was that I should make sure to grow slowly that way my current markets that I am in don’t suffer from poor quality or inaccurate information. He also said that I should consider doing some sort of special event notification on the app, so students know that parking lots might be really crowded during certain times.

Jacob

In talking to Jacob, he also thought that there was a need to expand to other campuses. He mentioned schools like UCF and USF as possible options due to the size of the schools. He also said that I should definitely make sure to have some way to set your favorite lot that way you don’t have to scroll through a whole list of lots to find the one you’re looking for.

Taylor

In talking with Taylor, he too thought that there might be a need on other campuses. He mentioned that he has gone to FSU on some weekends and the parking has been hard to find on campus. Taylor also said that I should incorporate some sort of notification system to notify students when a lot is close to being full.

There are a few really good ideas that I got from interviewing the people in my existing market. I think that using their customer feedback will really allow me to improve my app concept so that it fits my target market perfectly. In order to expand I must have success here at the University of Florida so that people will take me seriously.

I think it would be a great idea to incorporate some sort of event notification because not all students know when events are happening around campus. In addition, I think having a system to set a favorite lot and be able to get a notification when it is close to being full would be great to help students plan out their day. 



New Market

My new market that I have thought of targeting is parking lots found in large cities. It would be great to expand the app to include garages in big cities so that people with cars can see which garages have space so they can better plan out their day.

Collin

Collin is from the Chicago area and thinks that an app that shows which lots are full could be very useful in big cities. He said one thing I need to think about though is the fact that there are so many lots that need sensors, and lots have different owners. He said it might be difficult to get all owners to agree to this.

Christian

Christian is from San Francisco and said that he doesn’t know whether an app concept like this would work very well there. He said that it still doesn’t solve the problem of there being too little parking to meet the demand.

What I learned from this new market is that I don’t think my app concept will work in every city. Each city is completely different and I think a lot of research will have to be done to see what will work best for each city I decide to expand to.

I think my existing market is definitely more attractive right now. The logistical challenges of working with different lot owners as well as different city landscapes makes it difficult to spread this idea at the moment.

Comments

  1. William,
    I like the fact you really reached to a new market. Contacting somebody from a different city can really give an indication of whether or not this app would be something that just works here and with environments similar to UF's or if it could be used anywhere. I do think your app would be great for parking lots in large cities. This app could maybe show all of the parking garages along with the prices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. William,
    Expanding your company / idea is a crucial part in business. I think your app shows great potential to be implemented in other places across the country, especially large cities with few parking. One thing to consider is how it would scale from a town like Gainesville to a major city. Good post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment