Idea Napkin No. 2

1) I am William Sanders. I would say that one of my best skills relating to business is the ability to lead and help a group come to a consensus. My experience with this comes from my internship at Lockheed Martin and my involvement here on campus. My aspiration is to graduate college and earn a high paying job in a city out west. This business would be a large part of my life if I were to start it. When I do something, I like to put in 100% and it wouldn’t be any different building a business.

2) The product I am offering as an app that offers students at the University of Florida to see what parking lots are open or full spot by spot. The app will also show historic fill times for each lot on campus to allow students to plan out their day and park more quickly and effectively.

3) My main customers are the students at the University of Florida. These students have problems with parking daily and are sick of driving around trying to find a spot. They want to have an app that will show them what spots are open so that they can save precious time during the day.

4) My customers care because they want to save time on parking. College students here at UF are extremely busy and are looking for a way to better plan out coming to campus and parking on campus.

5) My core competencies are my hard work ethic and knowledge of UF campus. What sets me apart from others is knowing the campus extremely well.

I think that the five elements fit together. At the end of the day, I always believe that a business or product is only as good as the person running it. The core competencies and skills in a person are very valuable in building and marketing an idea.

The feedback I received was very positive. One point I received was that working with groups of people was a very valuable skill that I have. I think that I can use that skill very effectively moving forward to help groups become more cohesive. The second point I received was that I might want to think about other parking areas in addition to UF. Right now I am just focused on UF because I know the campus to well but I could see expanding my idea to other places in the future.

Comments

  1. William,
    Your knowledge of the UF campus and your hard work ethic will lead you and your company far. Another strong advantage you have is the knowledge of the costumer base. You have created this company by looking at your own unmet needs and therefore know the costumer. Good post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. William,
    Being able to lead a group is an awesome quality to have, not many people have this leadership trait, that definitely separates you from most people. This quality combined with a hard work ethic is good because you strive to get better and will work hard to meet your standards. I think your app would be good for many UF students, it is something that I would use myself. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment