Idea Napkin No. 1


1)  I am William Sanders. I would say that my best skill relating to business is helping groups come to a consensus. Some primary experiences that have helped me develop this skill are my internships at Lockheed Martin and with a sales company based in Orlando. My aspirations are to graduate college and then get a good job that pays well. If I were to start my business concept I would foresee it taking up a large part of my life. Whenever I start something I always try to put in my all to see it be successful. Creating a business would be no different.

2) The product that I’m offering to customers is a way to see which parking lots are full or not. For students it creates a way to easily and efficiently find a spot without driving around all day. For the University of Florida, it improves student experience adding to the premier status of the school.

3) I’m offering this product to students at the University of Florida who have problems with parking on a daily basis. All my customers have similar problems with finding parking on campus and have a need for a more efficient way to find open spots.

4) Customers care because there are so many people on the University of Florida campus that have problems with parking. The University of Florida administration should care because it would make the University look better by solving their parking problems.

5) My core competencies are knowledge about the University of Florida campus and the problems faced by students. Other technology companies possibly looking to make a parking app for UF wouldn’t know the campus as well as I do considering that I have been going here for 3 years.

I do believe that the five elements fit together. At the end of the day many businesses are defined by the people that run them. I think that the element that might be my weakest is what sets me apart from everyone else. At the end of the day there are many students on campus that have the same knowledge I have and could come up with the same idea for a parking app.

Comments

  1. William,
    Great work on your post. I like how you featured that working with people is your strongest field showing that you'll fit right in in the world of business. That in combination with your desire to apply your all will lead you far in life. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. William
    I agree with you that your elements fit together well. Many businesses revolve around their leaders and without a good strategy and game plan everything falls apart. I think you will be fine in this aspect as everything starts coming together and you position yourself apart from everyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. William,
    You have some great qualities that will be very beneficial to you in the future. The ability to have groups come to a consensus is rare, yet something every successful business needs. Your app is of huge interest to me because I would love to know when and where spots are open. I have said previously that this app has the potential to reach much more than UF parking. Great work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment