Figuring Out Buyer Behavior No. 1


1) For my segment I chose to interview students at the University of Florida that live near fraternity row.

2) Interviews:

a. Taylor: Taylor told me that he does have problems with parking around the fraternity row area up by Flavet Field often. He told me that often times it is very difficult to find a spot in the lot behind Flavet Field. When I pressed him on what times he most sees this problem he told me that most of the time he sees this problem around the 6 pm time slot as well as the 9 pm timeslot. I asked him why he thought that was the case and he told me that at 6 pm he thought a lot of people were parking behind Flavet to play sports on the field. At 9 pm he said he thought that everyone was parking to settle in for the night in their homes on Fraternity Row. He told me that when looking for a solution to his problems that he usually just doesn’t move his car around those times so that he can keep the spot he’s in.

b. Jeremy: Jeremy told me that he also has problems parking around fraternity row. He told me that he has problems in the lot behind Flavet Field as well as the lot up the street nestled back in the trees. He said that he has noticed the problem get worse since he has been a junior living on Fraternity Row. He said that he used to be able to find a spot easy but now it has become a nuisance for him often. I asked him what times he usually has this problem and he said that it doesn’t seem to have a pattern of when lots fill. Sometimes he’ll get lucky and get a spot but other times he won’t be able to. He told me that when searching for a solution to a problem he usually just goes and parks in another lot instead of driving around all day.

c. Ben: Ben told me that he has parking problems with the lots around fraternity row. He said that he usually has problems finding parking around 10 pm when he comes back from the library. He said that the lot he most has problems with is the lot behind Flavet Field. He said that lots of times he is forced to park in a lot farther away instead of the one nearest to his house. When searching for a solution he said that most of the time he either drives around looking for a spot or just goes to another lot.

3) Summary: For this segment it seems that the primary problem has to do with the lot behind Flavet Field filling up at odd times throughout the day. There seems to be a need to figure out where the open spots are so that people aren’t just driving around all day.

Comments

  1. William,
    I like seeing that you've progressed as the assignments have passed. You've adjusted to cater potential customers so that you can find the best solution for the problem. As time passes you're product will get better and better. Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. William,
    The feedback that you are getting seems to be very helpful and accurate. Although I do not have to park near fraternity row often, whenever I play pick up soccer or football I do have to park there. Every time there has been an issue parking if there even was a parking space. The app would be great so we can spend less time driving around like you mentioned. Good work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment